Save on Groceries - Download the CouponBar and never miss another offer!

Friday, November 14, 2008

CVS Purchases


(One extra 2Liter and bottled water are not pictured.)
Well, there wasn’t much we needed, so I didn’t go grocery shopping this week. I did however, hit CVS, and got these great deals! I could have, and should have done better, but the checkout girl was new (and don’t forget, so am I!), and was having trouble figuring out the ECB’s.

Here is what I got:

Transaction #1
Garnier Shampoo $2.99 (saved $1.30 from sale)
Crest Pro Whitening $3.49 (saved $.40 from sale)
Used Crest Q $1.00
Used ECB’s last week $2.00
Total OOP $3.48
Got ECB’s $2.00
Got ECB’s $3.49

Transaction #2
St. Ives Body Wash $3.99
Used St. Ives Q $2.00
Used ECB’s from #1 $1.99 (My CVS doesn’t let you get overage, so it went from $2 to $1.99)
Total OOP Free
Got ECB’s $2.00

Transaction #3
Palmolive $1.49 (saved $.10 from sale)
Water $1.59 (saved $.10 from sale)
Water $1.59 (saved $.10 from sale)
Water $1.59 (saved $.10 from sale)
Colgate $2.19 (saved $.60 from sale)
Colgate FREE (saved from BOGO sale)
Big Red $.99 (saved $.70 from sale)
Big Red $.99 (saved $.70 from sale)
Used Colgate Q $1.49
Used ECB’s from #1 $3.49
Used ECB from last week $3.00
This is where it gets confusing, and the cashier started doing some weird moves on the register. This brought my total to $2.45 and I handed her my last $2.00 ECB, but she was trying to take off the tax or something and this was what was on the receipt (yes, I did tell her I thought I owed her more, but she said don’t worry about it…lol)
CVS Q (this is what it says for ECB’s) $.86
CVS Q $1.49
Total OOP FREE
Got ECB’s $1
Got ECB’s $1.59

My last ECB for $2 I handed her is still active on my card account, too. I don’t know what happened, but by that time there was a line behind me and she was just glad to see me go, I think…lol.
The reason I messed up was that I thought there was a limit of 3 on the waters to get the ECB’s back, but there was a limit of one, I could have gotten something else and used as a filler. They were also all out of the Listerine, so I am stopping by again this afternoon, to see if they have any in, yet. All in all, my whole trip only cost $3.48 OOP, and I still have $2.59 left in ECB’s. What great deals did you get this week?

No comments: