Save on Groceries - Download the CouponBar and never miss another offer!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Recipe Rescue


My family loves when I make spaghetti. “Spaghetti”, you ask, “that old standby?” Yep, but it’s not the spaghetti they love. It’s what I do with the leftovers. Introducing (drum roll please) PIZZghetti. I know, I know, very original, but the fact that I can get the whole family to eat leftovers is enough to make it a staple in our monthly menu. All you do is make extra sauce (I do not double the meat, since I add pepperoni the second night) and spaghetti the first night, then take whatever is left over and mix together. Pour it into a casserole dish, top with your favorite pizza toppings, sprinkle with cheese, and bake until warmed through and the cheese is melted. Don’t want something so similar the very next night? Hold the cheese and freeze. Cheap, yummy, and quick! What more could a girl ask for?
(pic courtesy of myrecipes.com)

No comments: