Save on Groceries - Download the CouponBar and never miss another offer!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

What Day Is It, Again?


Ok, so some of you may have noticed that I didn’t post anything for my Feel Good Friday. I’m sorry for the lapse, but I haven’t felt well the last few days. Thankfully, I’m a little better, and still keeping on.

Anyway, one thing I have to feel good about doing last week was switching my RX to CVS. I have hypothyroidism and take a daily pill. I get these VERY cheap at Wal-Mart, only $4 per month. So why did I switch? Well, $4 a month is obviously $48 a year, but CVS has a prescription membership you can buy for only $10. On this plan I can get my med for $9.99 every 3 months. That’s $39.96 a year. Now you are probably thinking that I can’t do my math because when I add on the $10 membership, that I will actually be paying $1.96 more per year than I was at Wal-Mart. But right now, CVS is offering a $25 Gift Card (I told you about it HERE.) for every new or transferred RX. So, I am actually getting paid $23.06 to switch! When my year is up, I will just switch back to Wal-Mart, unless I find a cheaper deal somewhere else before then.

On to other things…

We finally got my MIL moved into her new house this weekend. She’s glad she will be settled before the holiday. She gave me a wonderful gift of vintage Corningware that was her mother’s. I can’t wait to cook something special for my hubby in something that his Grandmother also used. She passed away before he was born, and he was unable to have the pleasure of knowing her. Hopefully, this will bring him a bit of nostalgia for this Thanksgiving season.

I wish you all a happy, healthy week!
Jami

No comments: