Save on Groceries - Download the CouponBar and never miss another offer!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Crowd Pleasing Recipe


I made this yummy recipe to take to one of our Holiday get togethers and it was a hit! It was so simple and easy that I wanted to share it with you all. I got the recipe from Pillsbury.com and used one of their coupons (available for printing off the green coupon bar on the right side of my blog) for great savings. I also tweaked the recipe a bit to go with what I had on hand, so I ended up with an appetizer that looked and tasted great, but was low cost to make! No the pic isn’t mine, it’s off the site, but mine was just as pretty! ~Note to self: remember to take pics for when I blog about them!~

Pizza Bubble Ring

INGREDIENTS
6 to 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 (12-oz.) cans Pillsbury® Golden Layers® Refrigerated Flaky Biscuits
40 small slices pepperoni (about 3 oz.)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 20 pieces
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cups pizza sauce, heated



DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
2. Separate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits; press or roll each into 3-inch round. Place 2 pepperoni slices in center of each biscuit round. Top each with piece of mozzarella cheese. Bring dough up around filling; press edge to seal and shape each into ball. Roll in butter mixture; place 10 balls in sprayed pan.
3. Sprinkle dough balls with Parmesan cheese. Repeat with remaining can of biscuits, placing balls over balls in pan. Pour remaining butter mixture over top.
4. Bake at 350°F. for 33 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Gently loosen bread from sides of pan. Place large heatproof plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve warm with warm pizza sauce for dipping



First, I didn’t have pizza sauce, so I just used mushroom flavored spaghetti sauce. I also put a dab of sauce on the biscuit round before adding the pepperoni. I didn’t want to go out and buy a block of mozzarella, and didn’t have any shredded on hand, but I did have mozzarella string cheese! I cut each stick into ½ inch slices and it was easy to roll the dough into a ball around it! I used the jumbo biscuits instead of the regular, but when I make this again I will make sure to get the regular ones. The jumbo sized was a little to much dough for my taste. The butter helps these brown faster, so make sure that they are completely done before taking them out, or you might end up with doughy biscuits in the center. I placed the warmed marinara in a small bowl that fit in the center of the ring. Oh, and I just used a regular old cookie sheet to bake it on. I’m not even sure I know what a 12-cup fluted tube pan is…lol. I like to cook, but I’m definitely no chef!

No comments: