Save on Groceries - Download the CouponBar and never miss another offer!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Soft Landing FUNtainer Set Review



When I first started hearing all the hype about getting BPA free plastics, I wasn’t sure how much I really bought into it. But after reading up on some statistics, like that in 2003-2004 the CDC found 93% of people tested had BPA in their urine, and that in animal studies, it could be linked to developmental and neuro toxicities, obesity, carcinogenic effects and cause precursors of breast cancer, I started to actively look for BPA free products for my family. There was just one problem---finding them at an affordable price. Then I ran across The Soft Landing. Not only are they affordable, but they carry a wide range of products for babies, kids, adults, and even pets! They also have lead, PVC, and latex free items. And guess what? They sent me one of their FUNtainer Sets by Thermos to review!



The Straw Bottle is 12 oz. and comes with an extra replacement straw. Because it is vacuum insulated stainless steel, it keeps drinks cold for up to 12 hours! Make it sound heavy? Nope, it’s lightweight, compact, and portable. It also has a sweat proof design that won’t leave water rings, and a non-slip scratch resistant base. I tipped it upside down to see if it would spill, and though it leaked a little bit it was a very slow drip, and not at all like a regular straw bottle. Dakota’s reaction? “Hey, cool! A built in straw!”

The 10 oz. Food Jar’s TherMax double wall vacuum insulation provides for maximum temperature control, hot and/or cold. It’s stainless steel interior and exterior is definitely kid proof, for daily wear and tear. I’m always careful with the food containers I buy because I hate trying to get my hand down in them to get them clean. But the wide mouth on this jar makes it easy to clean and to fill! It also has the same lightness and portability as the Straw Bottle. Dakota’s reaction? “Awesome! I love Speed Racer!”


That’s right! These sets aren’t just great to use, but they’re fun, too. They come in a variety of character sets and prints, with a range of younger kids, preteens, and even teens. As you can see, the set fit perfectly in Dakota’s lunchbox. No lumpy, misshaped mess that was hard to zip.

So, how many hugs does the FUNtainer Set get from this mom? Definitely 4.5 out of 5!

Photobucket

1 comment:

windycindy said...

Thanks for your great review! I still can't believe how our government let all of these horrible things in children's eating items!
Thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com