Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Tips for Tuesday: Saving on Gas
Gas has went way down, but who knows how long it will stay that way? Our local area jumped up $.20 since last week. Use these tips to help you keep your gas budget down this summer.
Saving On Gas:
1. Slow down! Lowering speeds from 75 to 55 mph can boost gas mileage by 33%.
2. Shut off your engine if you'll be idling for more than 30 seconds.
3. Walk or Bike when you can.
4. Group errands together, so there is no back tracking.
5. Drive smoothly, when possible. Frequent starts and stops can reduce mileage by 2-3 mpg.
6. Shut of the AC when you can. It decreases fuel efficiency by about 1 mpg.