Monday, February 22, 2010
Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3 Review and Giveaway
Organic Milk? Something just kind of goes through my head, not exactly a yuck, but close enough. Then I'm reminded that all organic means is that the milk is produced without antibiotics, added hormones, pesticides or any type of cloning. Oh, ok. So it still tastes like milk, right? You betcha!
And now, Horizon has gone a step further and added DHA Omega-3's, too! Not only has DHA Omega-3 been recognized for supporting heart health, but also for it's role in brain and eye function and development. Its a 100% vegetarian and sustainable source of DHA and is available in Whole, Reduced Fat 2%, and Low Fat Chocolate 1%.
My family and I were able to try the chocolate and it was delicious, definitely no "yuck" factor! LOL I was excited with the extra heart health boost for me and the brain development boost for the kids (DHA is a key component of the brain, yet most kids don't get their recommended DHA from common dietary sources. Not good news since the brain nearly quadruples in size during the first 5 years of life.).
The only drawback that I saw was the difference in price from regular milk. At $3.99 per half gallon, Horizon was pricier, but most organic foods are. Now if your budget already allows for the cost of organic foods, great, but if not, there are usually coupons that you can watch for.
You can even sign up for their email list to get coupons sent right to you.
Want to try some of this great tasting milk for yourself? Two lucky readers will win 2 FREE half gallons and extra coupons, too!
1. Entry #1 must be done FIRST for all other entries to count.
2. Your email address must be with each comment or available on your Blogger profile (and your profile set to public view) for your comment to count.
3. This contest is open to US addresses only and no PO Boxes will be accepted.
4. This contest ends on 2/28/2010, midnight EST.
5. The winners will be contacted by email and will have 2 days to contact me back with their mailing addresses or new winners will be chosen.
1. Leave a comment telling me another Horizon product you have tried or would like to try.
2. Subscribe to this blog by email, and leave me a comment letting me know the email address you subscribed with. (You must confirm the subscription for it to count.)
3. Blog about this giveaway with a link back and leave me the link to your blog post in a comment.
4. Follow me on Twitter (right sidebar), and leave me a comment with your Twitter name.
5. Tweet this contest and leave me a comment with the URL to your tweet, this may be done daily. (You can use the Retweet button above this post to make it easier.)
6. Follow me on Google Friend Connect (right sidebar) and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
7. Promote this giveaway in any way and leave me a comment letting me know how you did.
8. Place my blog button (right Sidebar) on your web-page or website and leave me a comment with the URL so I can check.
Lots of ways to enter! Good luck!
In accordance with FTC rules:
I did receive coupons for FREE milk to review, but as always my opinions are my own, regardless of any type of freebies or compensation.