Save on Groceries - Download the CouponBar and never miss another offer!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes...


I’ve been thinking all week of what I might write today to give you a little peek inside my life. I’ve decided to introduce you to my son, since being the oldest he hardly ever gets to be in the spotlight. Little ones always seem to take everyone’s attention, and no one knows this better than an eldest sibling, such as myself. Maybe that’s why I try going out of my way to make sure that he gets just as much attention as his little sister. Not that we would ever intentionally leave him out, but having a toddler can keep you busy. I would love to hear from any of you that face this same situation, and what you do to balance it. Now, without further ado…

Dakota
9 years old and already a heartbreaker. He is a sweet and sensitive child that has a lot of empathy for his fellow person. Yet, he can have a sense of humor that is sometimes a little too astute. For instance, a conversation we had in the car last night.

I was teasing him about flirting with a little girl, and this is what followed.
Haddie: Me flirt, too!
Me: No, hopefully, not for a long time, yet.
Dakota: Girls aren’t supposed to do the flirting anyway, Haddie.
Me: What do you mean?
Dakota: Well, it’s like a boy is the mouse and a girl is the mouse trap.
Me: Huh???
Dakota: Yeah. The mouse makes all the moves to get to the cheese, but the trap always catches the mouse in the end.
I was almost hyperventilating trying to keep from laughing, and trying not to be furious with whomever he had overheard this from.
Me: Where in the world did you hear that?
Dakota: Nowhere. It just makes sense to me.

Needless to say, I couldn’t hold my laughter in any longer.

Hope you all have a great week, and I will be posting some FREEBIES later tonight!

No comments: