Monday, March 23, 2009
Mea Culpa Bath and Body Review and Giveaway!
*****This Contest Is Now Closed*****
Mea Culpa is owned by Jasmina, who is a stay at home mom that enjoys making all natural bath and body creations. A Reiki II practitioner, her love of aromatherapy is seen (and smelled!) in all of her wonderful products. Jasmina also has her own blog, so be sure to check it out!
Mea Culpa Bath and Body Creations makes all kinds of lotions and creams, hair products, home products, and there's even a men's line! The prices aren't those of most natural products that I've seen, you know the ones, so expensive you could feed your family for the week on the same amount. Mea Culpa's prices are more than reasonable!
I've been having a terrible time with dry skin on my face, so she sent me her Facial Moisturizer with Orange Blossom Floral Water and Sweet Almond Oil to review.
Orange Blossom water helps inhibit sebum production in oily skins, making this an especially useful skin care product for teenagers who often have an excess of skin oils. Great for use on all skin types, especially for oily and mature skin types as a balancing and toning facial mist. Its regenerative properties promote the production of collagen and discourage dry, wrinkled skin while stimulating the replacement of old cells and balancing the skin's natural acid. It also stimulates the circulation of lymphatic fluid to reduce puffiness, and relieve swelling in the facial area.
Sweet Almond is an excellent emollient and is known for its ability to soften and re-condition the skin. It is rich in proteins and Vitamin D, and is considered extremely nourishing - particularly when used regularly. Contains Olein Glyceride Linoleic Acid. It can be expected to sooth dry skin and irritated areas.
This moisturizer was a liquid, but when it went on it was silky like lotion. Very unique from any product I had used before. Not very much was needed, and it didn't leave a greasy feeling behind, either.
I have combination skin but instead of having oily skin in my T-Zone it's dry and the rest of my face is oily and acne prone. I have trouble finding facial moisturizers that do the job without breaking me out worse.
So how has my face fared after testing the moisturizer? Wonderful! My skin is so soft my husband even noticed! The dryness is almost completely gone, and there were no extra acne breakouts (that's a big plus, since I'm always leery trying new facial moisturizers because I'm afraid of break outs).
How many hugs does Mea Culpa get from this mom? 5 out of 5! This store rocks!!!
Jasmina has generously offered a 2oz. lotion or yogurt, winner's choice of scent, to one of my readers!
How do you enter this giveaway? You have 7 ways to enter, but you MUST DO #1 FIRST, or the other entries won't count. This giveaway will end on 3/30/09 at midnight EST. Don't forget to leave your email with your comments, or make sure it is visible on your profile and that your profile is set to public. I will pick the winner using randomizer.org, and send an email notifying them. They will have two days to contact me back or a new winner will be chosen.
1. Go to Mea Culpa and come back and tell me which scent you would choose if you won the 2oz. prize. This must be done first.
2. Leave me another comment letting me know something you learned from the shop or the blog, that was NOT in my review.
3. Do ONE of these: follow my blog, subscribe to my blog by email or RSS feed, and leave me a comment letting me know. Don't forget to click on the "verify your subscription" email you get for email subscribers.
4. Follow me on Twitter, and tweet about this giveaway (following me alone, does not count). Leave me a comment with the link, so I can check.
5. Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this giveaway and a link to Mea Culpa. Leave me a comment with the URL to your post.
6. Email 5 friends about this giveaway, and CC: me at jadco123 @ hotmail.com. Leave a comment letting me know!
7. Buy something from Mea Culpa and let me know what you bought! (This will be verified before counting.)
Good luck to everyone!!!