Thursday, November 19, 2009
Silk Heart Health Soymilk Review and Giveaway
A recent study found that people who enjoyed three servings of Silk Heart Health per day for four weeks, as part of a sensible diet, lowered their cholesterol by 7%.
Silk Heart Health is the first U.S. soymilk to offer the combined benefit of two proven heart-health ingredients.1
* Soy Protein-a perfect, natural protein recognized by the FDA for its role in heart health.
* Phytosterols-a naturally sourced plant ingredient that also carries the FDA heart-health claim.
From diet and exercise to stress and sleep, every lifestyle choice you make can have an impact on your heart. With clinically shown benefits from two proven ingredients, Silk Heart Health is a natural choice for heart-health confidence you can feel.
Ok, I'm going to be completely honest. When I was contacted to do a review for Silk's new Heart Health Soymilk I was a little nervous. I had never tried soymilk before because I had heard from several people about the "unpleasant" taste. But always up for a challenge, I agreed.
Wow. That's what I have to say. It really tasted good! I don't know if it was because it was vanilla or what, but I really liked it! The added heart health and cholesterol lowering benefits were the "icing on the cake". I received two freebie coupons to get the half gallons for review, so I also got the Simply Silk Chocolate because I figured I could talk the kids into trying it. And yep, it was great too! No neither one tasted like "regular" milk, more like a milk "drink", but they were both really good and I could even easily replace the vanilla one on my cereal. So I tried an experiment on the kids. Before I let them try the chocolate I gave them a glass of the Heart Health with their breakfast for two mornings in a row. Then I let them have the chocolate with supper. The third morning, my son asked where the milk was and I handed him the Silk Heart Health. He said, "No, I don't like soymilk." "Really? It's what you've drank the last two mornings." LOL The look on his face was priceless, and yes, he poured and drank some, then said, "I guess I do like it."
Now, hubs and I don't have cholesterol problems thank goodness, and none of us are lactose intolerant, so I wouldn't replace our milk with this because it's more expensive than "regular". But I'm definitely going to watch for coupons like this $.75/1 Silk because I'm really wanting to try some of these Seasonal Flavors!
Now for the good part!
Giveaway: 10 (Yes, 10!) of my readers will get a coupon for a FREE 1/2 gallon of Silk Heart Health and a FREE Pedometer.
1. Entry #1 must be done FIRST or no other entries will count.
2. All comments must have an email address with them, or your email must be in your blogger profile and your profile must be set to public. (I can't contact the winners without this!)
3. US addresses only.
4. The winners will have only 2 days to contact me back with their mailing info or a new winner will be chosen.
5. Giveaway will close 11/24/09, midnight, EST.
1. Leave a comment telling how you keep your heart healthy!
2. Become a Silk Facebook fan and leave me a comment letting me know you did so.
3. Subscribe to my blog by one of these---email (must be confirmed to count), RSS feed, or Google Friend Connect (links on the right sidebar). Leave a comment letting me know how you subscribed.
4. Follow me on Twitter, and leave a comment with your Twitter name.
5. Tweet this giveaway and leave a comment with the URL to your tweet.
6. Promote this giveaway in any way (Technorati, Digg, Stumble, email, etc.), and leave a comment with the URL (or CC: me the emails at jadco123 at hotmail dot com) for each.
7. Blog about this giveaway with a link back here and leave me a comment with the URL of your blog post.
In accordance with FTC rules:
I received two coupons for free 1/2 gallons of Silk and two free pedometers. These were so that I could review the milk and see the prizes that were going to be offered on this giveaway. As always, the opinions in this review are my own. I will always give my honest opinions on every review regardless of any free items or "compensation" I may receive.
Sweepstakes Advantage - Free Online Sweepstakes Win Instantly!