Monday, October 4, 2010
Extra Dessert Delights: Review and Giveaway
Trying to lose weight? I am (seems like I'm on a continuous diet, doesn't it?). Two areas I have trouble with are snacking and sweets. Someone suggested I chew gum after every meal, so my mouth will feel clean and I won't want to eat more (Hah! They obviously didn't know me well.) I did buy some fruity gum, though (I always chewed minty), to see if that would help with my sweets craving. And it did! I've went through I don't know how many flavors and brands, but keep coming back to my favorites, Extra Fruit Sensations. So, when Dig Communications contacted me about doing a review for Extra's new Dessert Delights, I was on board!
They offer three dessert flavors: Mint Chocolate Chip, Strawberry Shortcake, and Key Lime Pie. Did they disappoint? Absolutely not! I definitely have a favorite, but let me break it down a little, first.
The first one I tried was Key Lime Pie, since I'm a lime fan. To start, it smells heavenly. And don't ask me how they do it, but it seriously tasted like a bite of Key Lime. There was only one draw back for me---it had an aftertaste. I taste a simliar aftertaste while eating or drinking something with Splenda in it. I checked the package and couldn't find where it said they used Splenda, though. I put it through the hubby test and he said he couldn't taste any type of aftertaste. I also let my little sister try it, and in her own words, "You're crazy!" So, maybe it was just me, but while the first couple minutes of chewing were great, I couldn't get past the aftertaste. On a positive note, the flavor did tend to last longer than the average gum.
Ok, the second one I tried was the Mint Chocolate Chip, and OMGoodness! I loved it! Of course, it could have something to do with that being my favorite ice cream flavor...lol. It smells heavenly, too! You have to probably be a fan of the ice cream because it seriously tastes just like it. I don't know how they got the chocolate undertone to stay while continuing to chew it, but I'm glad they did! It of course was my favorite! I think that the flavor on this one lasts the longest, too. I chewed my first piece well over an hour and a half, and it still had flavor when I spit it out. That's a definite bonus with me.
The Strawberry Shortcake was really good, but it didn't seem very different to me than just a regular strawberry flavor. The flavor didn't seem to last quite as long as the first two, either. It is something I would chew again, although, I think I like their Strawberry Banana Fruit Sensations better.
Two slimpacks of Extra Dessert Delights Key Lime Pie.
1. Entry #1 must be done FIRST for all other entries to count.
2. Your email address must be with each comment or available on your Blogger profile (and your profile set to public view) for your comment to count.
3. This contest is open to US addresses only.
4. This contest ends on 10/11/2010, midnight EST.
5. The winners will be contacted by email and will have 2 days to contact me back with their mailing addresses or new winners will be chosen.
1. Leave a comment telling me what flavor you are excited to try.
2. "Like" Extra Gum on Facebook and leave a comment letting me know you did.
3. Subscribe to this blog by email, and leave me a comment letting me know the email address you subscribed with. (You must confirm the subscription for it to count.)
4. Blog about this giveaway with a link back and leave me the link to your blog post in a comment.
5. Follow me on Twitter (right sidebar), and leave me a comment with your Twitter name.
6. Tweet this contest and leave me a comment with the URL to your tweet, this may be done daily. (You can use the Retweet button above this post to make it easier.)
7. Follow me on Google Friend Connect (right sidebar) and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
8. Promote this giveaway in any way and leave me a comment letting me know how you did.
9. Place my blog button (right Sidebar) on your web-page or website and leave me a comment with the URL so I can check.
Lots of ways to enter! Good luck!