Monday, December 21, 2009
Halls Refresh Review and Giveaway!
This time of year it seems like everything is dry. I have dry skin, dry lips, dry hair and dry mouth. I can lotion and condition the first three, but what's the best way to moisten your mouth?
Halls has came out with---no not a cough drop and not really candy either---it's an actual "mouth moistening" product, Halls Refresh.
* Advanced Moisture Action™ formula
* Sugar Free and may be incorporated into the diet of diabetics and others who are monitoring their sugar intake
* 0 grams of sugar per drop
They come in three mouth watering flavors: Refreshing Mint, Juicy Strawberry and Tropical Wave.
I had the pleasure of reviewing the Juicy Strawberry and Tropical Wave. These do what they claim, because my mouth was refreshed and definitely moistened. I just wasn't really crazy with the flavors. The strawberry was probably my favorite out of the two, but I think I was expecting more of a candy flavor because these weren't supposed to be cough drops, but I still felt like they had a medicinal taste. I let my husband try them both and he said that he wouldn't choose them for candy, but more of when he would have a sore throat or throat "itch", and I have to agree. I wouldn't want them for a snack, but they are definitely better tasting than regular cough drops for when you aren't really coughing but have a little "tickle" in your throat. I would like to try the mint flavor to see if I like the taste any better in those. Thankfully I don't suffer from chronic dry mouth, but if someone did, I can see how these would be a help, especially without all the sugar of a candy. I'd love to hear if you guys have tried these and what you thought!
In the meantime Halls is offering some awesome giveaway gifts! One grand prize winner will receive a robe and slippers with the Halls Refresh logo, and 5 runner up winners will receive a Halls Refresh T-Shirt!
1. Entry #1 must be done FIRST for all other entries to count.
2. Your email address must be with each comment or available on your Blogger profile (and your profile set to public view) for your comment to count.
3. This contest is open to US addresses only and no PO Boxes will be accepted.
4. This contest ends on 12/27/2009, midnight EST.
5. The winners will be contacted by email and will have 2 days to contact me back with their mailing addresses or new winners will be chosen.
1. Visit Halls Refresh and let me know (in a comment) something not mentioned in the review.
2. Become a fan of Halls on Facebook and leave me a comment letting me know you've done so.
3. Subscribe to this blog by email, and leave me a comment letting me know the email address you subscribed with. (You must confirm the subscription for it to count.)
4. Blog about this giveaway with a link back and leave me the link to your blog post in a comment.
5. Follow me on Twitter (right sidebar), and leave me a comment with your Twitter name.
6. Tweet this contest and leave me a comment with the URL to your tweet, this may be done daily. (You can use the Retweet button above this post to make it easier.)
7. Follow me on Google Friend Connect (right sidebar) and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
8. Promote this giveaway in any way and leave me a comment letting me know how you did.
9. Place my blog button (right Sidebar) on your webpage or website and leave me a comment with the URL so I can check.
In accordance with FTC rules:
I received some of the Halls Refresh drops free to review. All opinions are my own and will always be my own, regardless of any free items or compensation I may receive.
Sweepstakes Advantage - Free Online Sweepstakes Win Instantly!